Thursday 28 October 2021

Naanna/Father, You were born, raised and died as an untouchable (14 October)

My Dear Naana/Father

You were born, raised and died as an untouchable. Our burial ground is also separate from their crematorium, like our houses are. We are part apart since we have been untouchables for the last 6000 years. Your dream of dying in a caste-less, untouchability-less society remains a dream, just like any other untouchable dream. We are the production and re-production of the state and civil society. You died in my absence. Naanna, your last wish of seeing my son can’t be fulfilled in my situation. You are gone from that muddy piece of Hindu land. Naana, I promise you that I will never die in Hindu land, even though I was born in Hindu land. I promise you at any cost I won’t die in that muddy piece of Hindu land. 

Naanna, Who is responsible for our caste-produced poverty? Who is responsible for our untouchability-produced death? Who is responsible for our life-long persecution from cradle to death? Who is responsible for our dehumanization process from birth to death? Naanna, I was born and raised in Hindu land, but I promise you I won’t die in India. 

Naanna, May Christ give you a place in His Heavenly Kingdom for your honest life. Unlike billions of Hindus, you did not have a home, gold, or bank balance.

Naanna, Thank you for teaching me a moral life that I will uphold till my last breath. I promise you to lead my life with your moral values.

Thank you, Naanna; you gave me everything when you have nothing. But today, I was not there when you died. I can’t reach you to see your face naanna. Please accept my apology.

Your son

Dr.Suryaraju Mattimalla B.A.,M.A.,M.Phil.,Ph.D(History)


No comments:

Post a Comment