Tuesday 27 December 2022

My name is Helen Getachew


 

“My name is Helen Getachew

Being an orphan is a sin.

I was born as a female.

It is more sinful to be born as a girl.

Being born poor is a sin.

Born with only one leg is a more heinous crime.

Being born in a poor country is a sin.

Being born black is a sin.

Raised in a loveless Catholic convent

Raised by loveless Catholic nuns

I raised without care

Namesake Catholic convent

No nun loves us.

No nun is concerned about us.

Nobody loves us.

I don’t know whether

Whether Jesus is a living God or not

But his followers are cruel.

Every animal is looking to me for food.

When I was 12 years old,

One animal called me to his home at 5 a.m.

He promised to give me five birr at 5 a.m.

I trusted him.

I trusted his cross.

I believed him.

I wish to feed my fellow orphans.

Using the five birr

Without knowing his lustful eyes

I went to his home.

I am standing in front of his house innocently.

He dragged me into his home.

He is in me all day.

I lost my consciousness in front of his might.

I lost my energy to escape from that huge animal.

He raped me several times until he lost his energy.

I lost my consciousness.

I am in my Catholic hostel.

I don’t know who brought me to my room.

I'm not sure how I ended up at my convent.

None of my Catholic nuns cared for me.

None of my Catholic nuns asked me

What happened to me?

Simply, they don’t care for female children in their convent.

I never leave my fellow orphans.

I lost my virginity at the age of 12.

Continual bleeding

But none of my Catholic nuns care.

They are only concerned with their lavish food, sex, meat, and beauty.

I lost my virginity

That animal destroyed my dreams to become a doctor.

Every animal is same

When they see an orphan girl,

Many animals enjoyed my body.

I'm addicted to drugs and drinks.

When I reached eighteen

None of the Catholic convents are willing to accept me

With my leukemia and tuberculosis diseases,

Every nun is scared of my TB and lever infections.

They imprisoned me in their room.

They isolated me.

They made me untouchable.

They made me unapproachable.

They made me unseeable

They made me unshadowable.

It is against Jesus' philosophy.

I met a guy.

He loved me.

I fight him everyday

We separated

I have a baby.

I met and met again.

Everyone wants my body.

Even though

Even though

I am a lever-infected patient.

Even though

I am a one-legged girl

They want my body.

My health is not cooperating.

My TB is killing me.

My lever infecting is killing me

I want to live for my children.

I want to live for them.

I want help.

I want to survive.

Like the way I survived after that rape.

As if I were battling tuberculosis
like I am fighting with my lever

As if I were fighting against my poverty.

Like I am walking with one leg

Nobody there to support me

I want your support.

I want your help.

Help me to live”

@UNOCHA @KamalaHarris @UN_women @LindaT_G @POTUS @StateDept @SecBlinken @JosepBorrellF @UNHumanRights @USAmbUN @BBCBreaking @cnnbrk @AJEnglish @Telegraph @hrw @amnesty @anitavandenbeld @IndianaCJI @WomenforWomen @GlobalFundWomen @NobelWomen @SayNO_UNiTE

I am dedicating this write-up to my Ethiopian rape victim, an orphan, a lever, a tuberculosis patient, mother of two, and a one-legged Helen Getachew.

Dear All, Please help an Ethiopian rape victim, an orphan, a lever, a tuberculosis patient, mother of two, and a one-legged Helen Getachew.

Her Direct Contact details: phone (WhatsApp, IMO +251 93 354 2156)

Email: getachew919@gmail.com

Eyoha Media https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uJkWWUiUyM&t=1295s

Disabled BLACK LGBTQ LIVES MATTER

 Dr. Suryaraju Mattimalla, (he/they), B.A.,M.A.,M.Phil.,Ph.D(History), John Rawls Good Shepherd, Author, LGBTQ Rights Activist, Human Rights Activist, Anti-Corruption Activist, Whistleblower Activist, Anti-Pedophile, Anti-Slavery, Anti-Caste, Anti-Race, Anti-Untouchability, Rationalist, Writer, Scholar, Poet, Critic, Atheist, YouTuber, Philanthropist, Humanitarian, Former Assistant Professor, Outspoken, And Blogger.

Truth and Justice Matter-John Rawls, A Theory of Justice.

“There will be no death penalty, extrajudicial killings, or judicial killings. Judicial killing is a crime against constitutional morality, and extrajudicial killing is a crime against humanity. Even criminals have the right to life in prison.” Dr.Suryaraju Mattimalla.

Author of the globally acclaimed "Compatibility of the Death Penalty with the Purpose of Criminal Punishment in Ethiopia".

Why I Am Not Indian: The Untouchable Rejecting India's Citizenship.

LGBTQ Rights Campaigner + Untouchable Lives Matter Campaigner + Black Lives Matter Campaigner + Human Rights Campaigner+ Anti-Death Penalty Campaigner.

Dr. Suryaraju Mattimalla (he/they), black, untouchable caste, labour, founder of Equality Religion.

"India had never seen me as a fully human being because of my untouchable caste background, my black skin color, and my gay background."  Dr. Suryaraju Mattimalla (he/they), black, untouchable caste, labour, founder of Equality Religion.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment