Saturday 10 June 2023

A Walk to Freedom


“I was born into chains.

Chains of caste

 

I was born into chains.

Chains of untouchability

   

I was born into chains.

Chains of racism

 

I was born into chains.

Chains of purity and impurity

 

I was born into chains.

Chains of boundaries

 

I was born into chains.

Chains of persecution

 

Everywhere, graphene chains

Everywhere chains

Everywhere boundaries

Everywhere subordination

Everywhere subjugation

Everywhere, iron walls

 

Celebrations of chains

Celebrations of boundaries

Celebrations of subjugation

Celebration of iron walls

Celebrations of purity and impurities

Celebration of persecution

 

I tried and tried to escape the chains.

But iron chains are human chains.

Nobody can escape.

Except tightening them

No human agency unchained me.

No natural agency has cut my chains.

Chains are iron chains.

Human chains are iron chains.

 

Wherever I go, I am chained.

But differently

But these different chains are not

Like the other one, I was born with it.

It is easy to unchain.

I am trying to take my son.

Where he can grow up in free space”

 

I was born into an untouchable caste with black skin in India. India is the most dangerous country for any untouchable caste person. It is a dangerous country like any caste-based society. Race-based society is too dangerous for black-skinned, untouchable caste people. Caste is omnipresent and omnipotent. Caste is not a race. A race-based society is not a caste-based society. One can free herself or himself in any race-based society. Ethnic-based African societies do not have untouchables. African societies are more civilized than any human society. But Asian societies are glorified for their culture of persecuting marginalized groups in Western societies. I am trying to save my son from the clutches of caste and untouchability.

 

Dr. Suryaraju Mattimalla

Author of the globally acclaimed "Compatibility of the Death Penalty with the Purpose of Criminal Punishment in Ethiopia".

Author of "Why I Am Not Indian: The Untouchable Rejecting India's Citizenship"

No comments:

Post a Comment