Wednesday 14 June 2023

Thank you, Germany

“How can I describe your beautiful heart?

When you are beyond my description of love?

 

How can I comment on you?

When you are beyond humanity?

 

How can I thank you?

When you are beyond gratitude?

 

We are speechless at your love and affection.

We are blessed with your big heart and generosity.

 

We love you so much, my German heart.

We may live or not on your land.

But you are always in our hearts and souls.

 

You are such a beautiful person in the asylum community.

Even though the community is not integrating into your generosity.”

 

This is my family's experience with Germans in Germany. Yesterday, i.e., Tuesday, June 14, 2023, when I went to buy Fanta, I did not carry enough money to pay 6.80 euros at a cash counter. I want to drop off my Fanta tin, but one of the old German women added an extra euro to buy my drinks for 6.80 euros. But I politely refused to accept her offer. I requested that I pay my euro in 15 minutes. When I went back to pay my euro, the cash counter employee told me that another woman had paid my euro. But I still paid my euro. The cashier at Netto supermarket told me that she paid my Euro heartfully, so I should not pay my Euro. But I still paid my euro. Netto supermarket or any supermarket employee is so good and cheerful with every customer, unlike racist supermarkets in the Czech Republic. I have come across thousands of cases like this where German whites are paying, helping, and loving non-whites heartfully, unlike my bitter and racist experience with the Czech Republic. If the Czech Republic stands for hate, then Germany stands for love. We love you so much, Germany, for your loving heart.

Dr. Suryaraju Mattimalla

Author of the globally acclaimed "Compatibility of the Death Penalty with the Purpose of Criminal Punishment in Ethiopia".

Author of "Why I Am Not Indian: The Untouchable Rejecting India's Citizenship"

No comments:

Post a Comment