Thursday 8 June 2023

Dehumanizing human cells

“Even though I am the smallest unit

Even though I am made of water,

Even though I am made of inorganic ions,

Even though I am made of carbon-containing (organic) molecules

Even though I am self-dependent

Even though I am a living organism

Even though I am the tissue of the human body

Even though I am a cell in every living creature

Even though I am the cell membrane, the nucleus, and the cytoplasm

These pure souls and bodies have dehumanized me for millions of years for being in an impure body”

The millions of years of persecution history show that the dominant forces have historically and mythologically dehumanized living organisms or cells across time and space. When you dehumanize an untouchable, you dehumanize her or his cell. When you dehumanize a sexual minority, you dehumanize her or his cell. When you dehumanize a black person, you dehumanize her or his cell. When you dehumanize a Jew, you dehumanize her or his cell. When you dehumanize a gypsy, you dehumanize her or his cell. When you dehumanize a dwarf, you dehumanize her or his cell. When you dehumanize a differently abled person, you dehumanize her or his cell. When you dehumanize a slave, you dehumanize her or his cell. When you dehumanize a homeless person, you dehumanize her or his cell. When you dehumanize truth, justice, liberty, human equality, social equality, and freedom, you dehumanize her or his cell.

 

Dr. Suryaraju Mattimalla

Author of the globally acclaimed "Compatibility of the Death Penalty with the Purpose of Criminal Punishment in Ethiopia".

Author of "Why I Am Not Indian: The Untouchable Rejecting India's Citizenship"

No comments:

Post a Comment