Thursday 1 June 2023

Trans is my name

I'll see you soon.

You and I met yesterday.

You and I met the day before yesterday.

You and I met last week.

You and I met last month.

 

I saw you before.

I saw you ten years ago.

I still see you.

 

So who are you?

Describe yourself.

Where do you call home?

How do you live?

 

She answered.

Trans is my name.

I'm not sheltered.

I have no parents.

I have no family.

I am content to be who I am.

 

I cherish myself.

I cherish people.

I cherish you.

I cherish everyone.

 

I am a paid sex worker.

I beg in the streets.

That is my way of life.

 

Society ostracized me for my gender identity.

But still, I stand tall with self-respect and dignity.

 

My personal experience with transgender women in India.

Dr. Suryaraju Mattimalla

Author of the globally acclaimed "Compatibility of the Death Penalty with the Purpose of Criminal Punishment in Ethiopia".

Author of "Why I Am Not Indian: The Untouchable Rejecting India's Citizenship."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment